A few hours ago, ARMYs had opinions about what Pdogg said to Jin in Coldplay X BTS Inside ‘My Universe’ Documentary . Some people think that Pdogg is being tactless and feel unhappy with the way he talked to Jin while others think that some ARMYs are being a bit sensitive on this issue. Here is the whole situation:
In the past few days, ARMY has been extremely excited about the release of the song “My Universe” by the legendary collaboration between BTS and Coldplay. The song is truly a masterpiece that makes ARMY extremely proud. Yesterday, Big Hit also uploaded a video of more than 10 minutes recording the working process of BTS and Coldplay and posted it on Bangtan TV’s Youtube channel.
Through this video, ARMY and many fans were able to follow the process of creating the masterpiece song and the thoughts of BTS and Coldplay about each other. There are also scenes shot in the recording studio where Chris Martin directs the song production and the BTS members record together.
The process between the members and Coldplay also included the appearance of Pdogg – the famous producer of Big Hit and the one who created many great songs for BTS. Everything seemed to be going pretty well until ARMYs noticed what Pdogg said in Jin’s recording scene. Specifically when Jin went into the studio to record his piece and he did a great job, of course with his angelic voice and virtuosic processing skílls.
However, some ARMYs became annoyed with Pdogg because after Jin performed his part very well, instead of praising the singer, Pdogg laughed and asked Jin: “You practiced a lot, didn’t you ?”.
Some ARMYs think that he seems to be pointing out that Jin had to work hard to do well, not because Jin really did well. Meanwhile, both Chris Martin and others praised Jin’s recording.
My Universe Documentary
My Universe Documentary
Here are some comments in this direction:
– Makes me sad… It’s like when a person think that you don’t have capabilities, and feels surprised when see your success.
– Jin is a professional singer and he’s been singing for over 8 years now. It’s obvious that he sings well and why would he need to hear that he practiced a lot? That cannot be a compliment. Will you say ‘wow you practiced a lot’ to a well known actor who have filmed several movies
– already and think it’s a compliment? We would just say ‘wow your acting is so good’ instead. That’s the difference with how pdogg look at the members. He’s only treating Jin like a student.
– This situation makes me sad, because they behave like that with jin, jin is one of the best vocalists in the industry, because a teacher has to doubt the ability of a singer who has been in music for more than 8 years.
Besides those opinions, many ARMYs also think that because Jin has a funny and laid-back personality, Pdogg is just joking with Jin as a matter of common sense. It was just a natural statement as usual that Jin and Pdogg used to say to each other. Because when mentioning about Pdogg, RM said, “He is the root and foundation of BTS’s music”. Jimin said, “He’s our teacher, but also our colleague. We’re like family”. V said, “BTS was created through producer Pdogg” and even Jin said, “He’s a very soft-hearted person. It’s very cute”.
Therefore, some ARMYs expressed their opinions:
– People here don’t know anything and getting him bashed up just because they saw a few seconds moment. Lol. Real #ARMYs don’t do like this. Just image how our pride #BTS would feel if they see all this sнιт. PERIOD
– i’m sorry but this is getting too much. Let me tell u tf u r talking about. they are friend each other for 7 years not like a teacher to students and he said “you practiced a lot” IT MEANS HE APPRECIATE HIM. dyd to take him for a salt and idk how he feels about when he saw this.
– HE COMPLIMENTED HIM. He knows Jin better than you. And if Seokjin didn’t like that compliment, he’s 28 and he can totally say if he’s bothered by it. He’s not a kid.
– Those who think that the comment “you practiced alot” is negative are the ones who think jin didn’t do well when in fact jin literally nailed that line. Shame on you.
– I’m in love with WWH’s voice. The quality of his vocals is so good. And yes u’re just protecting our man but please, it doesn’t mean that we can hurt the ppl he adores as well. They’ve been friends for at least a decade and we’re not in the position to judge their friendship.
– I’m sorry but isn’t it a compliment because he’s acknowledging how much work Jin is putting into improving.
– You’re being set off and lashing out while watching perfectly functional professional relationships play out. Pdogg is not your old teacher/coach/manager and Jin isn’t you.
– to me it just seemed like he was teasing jin because he must have been extra excited and practiced extra hard because chris was there. pdogg has been there for bts FROM THE START. every step of the way. he wouldnt have been if he treated any of them badly or was “insecure”.
In the end, our boys all did a great job recording My Universe with Coldplay. And the best thing is that legendary artists like Coldplay have praised the talents of 7 boys, including Jin. The opinion of ARMYs, no matter what, is ultimately the desire to appreciate Jin’s voice and talent. And we are not in the relationship between Jin and Pdogg nor in that situation to judge anything about them. So please keep a sanity and always support Jin and stream Jin’s song to compliment what Jin has done!