A few minutes ago, the ḳöŕệän press reported that BTS had submitted deferment of mandatory military enlistment. According to the reported information, it means that BTS can continue to appear and make world tour in 2022 with full all 7 member. This is good news for ARMYs who are worried about Jin approaching the age of military service.
Specifically, a few hours ago, Arirang News – the mainstream ḳöŕệän media has reported about the news of BTS applying for deferment of mandatory military enlistment. According to this newspaper, BTS will be able to perform as a seven-piece next year as the group has filed for a deferment of military enlistment. This comes as Jin, the oldest member of BTS was born in December 1992, and would’ve had to enlist next month. As all BTS members have applied to postpone their enlistment until 30 with the amendment to the Military Service Act for outstanding persons in the field of pop culture and art Jin can be active in BTS until his birthday in December 2022.
▪ BTS DEFERS MILITARY ENLISTMENT
— Arirang News (@arirangtvnews) November 26, 2021
As we know in the last year, the traditional age dєαd line for enlistment has come and gone for Jin but South ḳöŕệä’s National Assembly päṩṩed a bill to amend the Military Service Act, stating that pop artists can postpone military service upon the culture minister’s recognition that they has dedicated to elevating the national reputation. In June of this year, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Hwang Hee appeared on YTN that day and said that if BTS applied for a postponement of their enlistment, they would definitely be prioritized for consideration.
Yesterday, South ḳöŕệä’s defense ministry on also mentioned this issue and discussed about the bill to amend the Military Service Act. This amendment allows Kpop super stars with great contribution to the enhancement of the national brand and the promotion of national culture like BTS are eligible for exemption or postponement of military service. If this bill is pαssed, pop culture stars like BTS will be able to replace military service with volunteer activities. At the meeting, ḳöŕệän officials stressed the need for considering military exemption for BTS citing the nation’s shrinking population and other factors.
Before this information released, ARMYs left many comments below:
– I honestly hope they all get enlisted together.. I know it’ll be hard for us but I don’t want any of them to be alone during this.. Or us having to go without one or more of them till all of them finish their enlistment (like when Yoongi was in recovery because of his shoulder)
– i think they’ve pushed the enlistment till 2022 it will probably be rediscussed
– this makes sense…the Run BTS break..world tour , album then elistment.
– It would be best if they all go together, that way they have eo’s back. We all know the story of how tough it is inside. Suga might still be exempted bec of his med condition or might be äṩṩigned a task that will be less strenous for him. But.. im still hoping for an exemption
– focus on…focus on ….ARMY !!! Let’s go WORLD TOUR
Y'ALL IT MEANS BTS WORLD TOUR 2022 IS COMING 😭👏👏👏👏👏 https://t.co/2diEuXSez3
— ⟭⟬♡ (@BTSupdate_7) November 26, 2021
– We will still be with BTS as a whole in 2022
– The news about the application is old but we only got the confirmation today. So not surprised at all. Get ready for world tour ARMY!
– let’s hope for the best for our boys
– Oh this news makes me so happy! I am glad they finally applied for the deferment.
– BTS WORLD TOUR IS COMING
– As all BTS members have applied to postpone their enlistment until the age of 30…Jin can be active in BTS until his birthday in December 2022
– Im just glad they are still 7 this coming 2022, but i hope they go alltogether if ever the time really comes got them to be called on mandatory military service.