Time and time again, British rock band Coldplay prove they have tremendous love and respect for BTS.
Coldplay’s lead singer Chris Martin and drummer Will Champion recently guested on the 100th episode of the G͜͡E͜͡R͜͡M͜͡A͜͡N͜͡late-night talk show Late Night Berlin.
During their interview, the Coldplay members talked about their collaboration with BTS for “My Universe.” Of course, they could not stop gushing about working together on the great song. Chris Martin said that: “It felt really cool to have two bands that shouldn’t be in love, you know what I mean? We really love them, and we’re playing that song all over the place right now, and it’s super fun”.
Chris even talked about how he has learned some kσrєαn so that he could sing when they are not able to perform with BTS. Below is their conservation:
– Chris Martin: And when they’re not with us, we get to sing in kσrєαn … So, I’m just really…
– Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf: And you really do? You try to?
– Will Champion: Oh, he’s learned to. It’s very impressive.
Chris talked about how although the collaboration may initially seem “weird” to some, he feels like it couldn’t be more perfect, especially for the song’s message:
– Chris Martin: It’s just a very joyful experience for us … It’s a completely weird idea…
– Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf: It is!
– Chris Martin: But it feels really right.
Suddenly, Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf brought up years of experience of the two music acts:
– Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf: Even though, of course, you’re long in the business. Yeah, you might know … But it’s been a while, 25 years ago. It’s a good while.
– Chris Martin: It’s a long while.
– Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf: A long while, yeah, okay. I don’t want to say that you’re very long in the business to say that you are…
– Chris Martin: We’re old men!
– Will Champion: It’s fair enough.
– Chris Martin: In the music business, we are.
He said that compared to Coldplay, BTS have not been “in the business” very long. Coldplay has been in the music industry for about 25 years, while BTS have been for 8 years, not including their years as trainees.
Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf said that: “But BTS, compared to your career, they are not that long in the business, this is what I want to say, you know, but…”
Both Will Champion and Chris Martin didn’t give Host Klaas Heufer Umlauf much time to get to his point. Immediately, they said regardless of years of experience, BTS are just as much accomplished as anyone: “They’ve done their eight albums. They’ve done almost more albums than we have. Yeah, you know they’re very experienced”.
Chris Martin added that with over eight albums, BTS have worked about eight years nonstop. And when the host replied, “They’re faster,” Martin and Champion said, “They work hard!”
Whether the host had negative intentions or not by his comments, Martin and Champion clearly were prepared to stick up for their friends! Even after defending the group, they turned it over to the host to ask him, “How long have you been in the business?”
Without a doubt, the Coldplay members are ARMY!
You can watch part of the interview below: